Friday, June 1, 2012

Ethiopia Day 2

Again, this is directly from my journal...

Day 2: May 4, 2012

I am sitting on the airplance and we are about 2.5 hours from landing in Addis!  Thankfully we had the seat open between us.  We were quite confused when they gave us tickets that said 26H and 26D....What happened to E and G?  They must not exist on Ethiopian Airlines.

I have watches two movies, The Descendants and Seven Days in Utopia.  I would recommend both.  As I right, I am starting to watch Joyful Noise....with Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton.  Let's see how this goes... JT is watching The Godfather... yes, we have different movie styles.

Sleep has not come easily....even the Tylenol PM did not help all that much.  I am sure it is a combination of nerves, excitement, and overall discomfort from sitting upright for 14 hours.  The crew on Ethiopian Airlines has been great....complete with hot towels, hot tea and coffee, and they are beautiful. 

There is a large group of college kids (about 60-70 of them) traveling with us.  They are headed to Uganda for medical missions.  The group is a combo of EMT students, physician assistants, nurses, doctors and such.  Actually, one guy, Chris who was sitting next to me.... his high school teacher is the husband of the couple who started Project 61 in Korah, the dump in Ethiopia.

Our trip has been smooth.  I am a bit nervous about trip to Tedi's birth mom.  They emailed us just before we left to board our flight.  They said it was going to require an overnight stay near the village.  We are going to try to figure it all out when we get there.
..........
We are now about an hour and twenty minutes outside of Addis or at least that far away from landing.  That means if we are an hour and twenty minutes from landing...we are about 2 hours or so from meeting Chernet!  I cam not wait to kiss his cheeks.  So excited!


1 comment:

  1. Love that you are sharing this! Makes me so anxious to get back!

    ReplyDelete