Sunday, December 18, 2011

Adoption Process: Where are we now???

Well, thanks to ornament sales, a gift from a family friend, t-shirt sales, Lifesong, the gift from my residency friends, photo fundraiser by our friends at Lizzie Loo Photography, and some other fundraising/saving, we have the funds to send our dossier to Ethiopia.  We should have our completed dossier on Britney's desk by January 2.... Hopefully she will approve it and it will head on its way to Ethiopia.... the trip the paperwork must make between Louisville to Utah to DC to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia takes approximately one month.... Once the Henderson Dossier is in Ethiopia, we are placed on the waiting list for a child, a boy rather...  we are currently being told 6-8 months of waiting for a referral...then court.....then embassy....then home.  So maybe before I finish residency in June 2013, Christmas of next year would be overly optismistic...

I thought I would be anxious during this process since it is much much longer than it was with Tedi.  But the peace I have now is surprising to even me.  I am not sure if it is all peace or some masking by my crazy work schedule that I did not have during Tedi's adoption or merely being a parent now when I wasn't before.  Regardless, I am thankful for the peace and patience.  While anxious to see the face, hear the name, and know the child who will be the second Henderson boy, I know all too well that the timing is not mine to choose. 

Why the wait is worth it.......



No comments:

Post a Comment