Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

I hope everyone had a safe and happy new year. JT and I took rainchecks on two parties to stay home and get some rest. It was nice to spend some alone time together watching movies and hanging out. We re-watched "Four Christmas-es" with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn and watched Taking of Pelam 123. Both are great movies! I, of course, fell asleep at 11pm, but not peacefully... JT was in my ear the whole time to wake up.... In my sleepiness, I said, "I don't care about the new year. Just let me sleep." Uneventful at best.

We have been continuing to sell ornaments, to a family I met in a yahoo group and one to another Arise family. We are now at 525 ornaments! Can you believe it because we can't?!?! We still have a few to make and plan to ship the ornaments on Monday. But, we ARE still making them. As long as we can find ornaments, we will continue to make them.

So....I believe we have everything together for our dossier. Another thing that I can not believe. Well, everything but the most important thing....the HOME STUDY. Thankfully, we have our final visit on Jan 9th, one week from now. I am not sure how long after that it will take to write up but we pray soon. Once that is in, we can submit our dossier and begin applying for grants as well.... All of this will put us closer to our referral, which, honestly, I can not wait to have. Just to see the face(s) will be so amazing. With that said, I do not think I have said what we actually requested. JT and I did not request male or female and we said any child aged zero to five years. We also agreed to take siblings. Thus, we are open to about any little one God has for us. Now, like I presume most of the adoption process is, we are waiting....waiting on the home study to be finished only to wait on the dossier to be submitted to wait for a referral. What a lesson in patience.

Again, I hope everyone had a great year in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment