Friday, November 20, 2009

Proverbs 24:12

If you say, "We knew nothing about this," does not he who knows the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?

I read this verse this morning and it really struck me because this perfectly sums up why Natalie and I are adopting. There are so many reasons why we should not adopt right now: we have no money (actually we have several hundred thousands of dollars in school debt), uncertainty with the process/red tape of international adoption, lack of support and understanding from some around us, etc. The reasons, however, to adopt greatly outweigh these. God has given Natalie and I a heart for adoption (and I realize this is a huge part of the equation. Not everyone is put together for adoption and it doesn't make us better- we are all constructed differently.). We have been shown there is a gargantuan need in Africa. For us, that is the end of the story. I am not supposed to have all the answers. I never will. But press on we will.

Keep the ornament orders coming. We have been blown away by your support. We are going to be very busy the next few weeks painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment