Friday, August 3, 2012

Where Have We Been?

I have been at work... A LOT.  This month (well July) I was in the pediatric ICU....my favorite place in the hospital since that is where I want to work.  It was hard being gone with Chernet just coming home.  Nevertheless, even in a very stressful personal month, I still desire to pursue this as a career.  Even so much at that I have already submitted my application for fellowship and have interviews for the next couple of months. Because of being at work and something about a new kid here, I have not been blogging... Whoops....

We have been to the zoo and fed ducks and in time out and to Target and to church and time out and mommy's work and daddy's work and time out.  We rode in cars and bought smaller clothes and tried banana milkshakes for the first time and worn six shirts and learned the Dougie and sat in more time out.  We have hugged the head heart surgeon and interventional cardiologist at Kosair Children's Hospital (it was as awkward as you are thinking), shaken the head of the top infectious disease doc, met mommy's favorite co-workers, and been in more time out.... 

You get the picture.  It has been a crazy, fun, exhausting, time out filled 10 days.  There has been a shift in the last day and a half....a bonding of the boys. I can not even tell you how hard I am praying it continues....

I plan to update a little more tomorrow before my night shift.....

1 comment:

  1. love reading your posts — when you're able to post. if all goes as "planned," my husband will be starting residency just a short time after our adopted kiddo comes home. love hearing your stories of med school + adoption.

    ReplyDelete