Monday, May 14, 2012

Feet



And I am worried that my air conditioning isn't working....about where Tedi and Chernet will attend school and how much the after school care will cost..... about which brand of cereal to buy....As my husband says, all of these are FIRST world problems...problems we stress because this is where we live, how we are raised..and though adopting and visiting Ethiopia and being aware of THIRD world problems does not solve them, it at least reminds us to have perspective.  Even home 3 days, I must not let myself lose perspective...when I go back to work on Thursday, I must not lose perspective.

"Once our eyes are opened we cannot pretend we do not know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls knows we know and holds us responsible to act."
Proverbs 24:12

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6iuKyXdqfg&feature=player_embedded

    This song says exactly how I have felt after coming back from Russia and Ethiopia and seeing the children....the orphans who desperately want to be loved. "How can I go back to life as usual..."

    ReplyDelete