Thursday, April 12, 2012

COURT and other updates

Yes, you guessed it.  We got a tentative court date... MAY 9.  Our preliminary date is April 19 and that is when the judge reviews the file and gives the travel okay.  You know what is so cool about this date?  When Tedi passed court two years ago (before the two trip rule), he passed on MAY 10.  Crazy, huh?  I am even more excited because I did not travel to Ethiopia for Tedi's adoption but this time I am able!  My job and co-workers have been so flexible and helpful and I am so thankful for them.

I know as I write about my excitement for our trip that there are others in the process reading this who have a feeling deep inside of "why not me?" or "why so easy for them?" or something of that nature...probably a similar pang I used to feel and sometimes creeps inside of me when I near the 100th person announce they are pregnant for the 2, 3, 4th times.  I understand that feeling so please understand I am sharing my excitement and our process.  Also, though, please understand the circumstances by which we are adopting... an older child with a special need...specifically a special need that is not as desirable in that country, and well, even ours...

So while I celebrate our upcoming dates of traveling to Ethiopia, meeting our son and all that involves, I also stand with you in the wait and understand you pain.  So please pray for peaceful travel arrangements. 

In other news, our Both Hands Project (if you include the matching challenge) was update this week.  The new number is $10,200!  How amazing!  That pays more adoption fees and some travel.  Again, we are thankful and blessed.  Thank you to those that have given.... you can still do so if interested! 

Thank you!  (Now off to sleep during the daytime)

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! We're excited for you guys and for how you are LIVING OUT the GOSPEL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will pray for safe travels. God bless!

    ReplyDelete