Sunday, October 16, 2011

Treats

I do not try to hide the fact that domestic skills are not at the top of my favorable qualities..... but I am working on it.  Evidence.... before finishing my latest rotation at the hospital, I made fruit pizza cookies.... and last night, I made Cocoa Pebble Treats.  So, I thought I would include my simple recipes...from the recipe box of simplicity and the inept chef!

Fruit Pizza Cookies:
1) Cookies: Choose your favorite sugar cookie mix.  (they turn out better when you use the cookies mixes rather than the roll of cookies.... I mean of course you could make them from scratch but that requires more time than I have.)

2) Icing:   Mix 1 tub of whipped cream cheese with 3/4 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of Splenda.  Yes, it requires a lot of sugar... you can increase or decrease the sugar to taste.  We also normally add food coloring (pink or green) for fun!  Once cookies are cool, apply icing.

3) Fruit:  Choose you favorite... Once I have found to be the easiest and taste the best are mandarin oranges and strawberries. 
*Allow to set in the fridge for an hour or so for best results

Peanut Butter Cocoa Pebble Treats:
Ingredients:
6 cups of cereal
4 tablespoons of butter/margarine
1 bag of Mini-Marshmellows
1/2 - 1 tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter

1) Melt the butter in a pot
2) Stir in marshmellows until they are all melted. 
3) Remove from heat and add peanut butter
4) Then, stir in cereal slowly until all cereal coated with marshmellows
5) Pour mixture into dish and allow to cool

No comments:

Post a Comment