Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bullet Points: Our Life (and Adoption)

~  We saw Lion King in 3D this week.  I must admit, there is not much you can do with an old movie when making it 3D.  To Disney's credit, the color quality was better.  I kept having to tell Tedi to put on his glasses because I paid $9 for the "3D" component.... AT A MATINEE!!!!



~  I eat out too much.  There I said it.  I am lazy about cooking. I do not like cooking.  My waistline shows it.  I am working on it.  There.  I said it.  Evidence of this.... my Ethiopian son loves Thai food.  He calls it "Kung Fu Panda Noodles" but love them nonetheless.  I must say I am proud he can even use chopsticks.


~ We mailed our updated homestudy to USCIS on Thursday.  We have our fingerprinting appointment for October 12.  Hopefully, this will go smoothly and we will have our USCIS approval (I-171) before we send our dossier.  Our paper-chasing is almost done.  We have completed the home study.. We have given our agency most of the supporting docs.... Now, just to grab a local background check and copies of reference letters for the dossier....and wait for the funds to send the dossier..

~  I must admit....my biggest weakness is doubt.  Lack of faith really.  Everytime I think of our second adoption I get nervous.  I have this "Where will the money come from?" question.  I don't know why I think like this. With blessings from others (through God), we were able to pay for our first adoption.  He provided then.  I should know better to doubt His ability to provide now.  However, in my doubt, I realize that I want it now...it being my adoption paid for and my child home.  How American of me, how undisciplined me?  In our culture we are taught that we can get things now.... I am working on this.. Praying for patience.  Praying for a heart waiting for His timing not mine.

~ Tedi lost another tooth last weekend.  (A little more evidence that Ethiopian dating may be off by a year or so...)  We were watching the Louisville vs. UK football game.  Tedi walked into a room of 10 adults and announced, "Guys, I have bad news.  I have bloods in my mouth."  It was so so funny.  Then that night he pulled it out himself...  We are running out teeth and need the big ones to get here for eating purposes.  The tooth fairy did come to visit.. He (yes, he) brought a dollar and a sucker (I know suckers are bad for teeth.  Oh well!)



~  We have sold a lot of shirts... I am on call at work so I do not have a count with me.  But they are going great!  Plus, we have ornaments still for sale....to the tune so far >150!  If you are still interested, please let me know.  nataliehenderson21@yahoo.com

Price: $15 each
Colors: Dark Purple, Gray, or White (see pics below)
Sizes: Youth XS (2-4) through Youth XL
           Adult S-2X (greater than 2X add $1)




~  Lastly, this is just my favorite picture.  At least twice per week, I make him stop on the steps and take a picture.  This one is definitely a mommy favorite!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Natalie!
    I love your shirts!! So cute!! Would you be willing to donate one for our sale? It's for Perpetual Change, theperpetualchange.me
    It would help a great cause and also get your blog some traffic! Shoot me an email and I can send you the details if you're interested! :)
    Thanks,
    Christy
    gladheimfamily.blogspot.com
    cgladheim@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete