Friday, April 8, 2011

My Slice of the American Dream....

I hear my husband was on the news this week?!?!  Why didn't someone tell me :-) I also heard our family pictures made MSNBC.  (Thanks Elizabeth for such awesome pictures. Can you believe they were on national TV and you don't have TV :-)

In all seriousness, I wanted to post what the "American Dream" means to me.....

.....going to a public high school, public university and making it through med school as a woman in a male driven field  (EDUCATION)

.....wearing jeans to our church, The Avenue, and worshiping a Jesus who always loves us, despite what others say or think about us, regardless of what we do or have done  (FREEDOM of RELIGION)

.....writing a blog and reading blogs of others without restriction of subject matter (FREEDOM OF PRESS)

.....serving my friends, family and community out of love regardless of their skin color or social status

.....adopting a child from another country after suffering from infertility and raising him to become a man of God who loves others and serves those around him

I am living my slice of the American dream here in my two bedroom rental house in an older neighborhood in Louisville, Kentucky, a state often ignored or criticized, with my little family of three trying to serve others, love Jesus, and make a small difference in the world while I am in it.  I feel blessed that I was able to share a little bit of my husband with the world over the last few days.  I feel honored and blessed to be gifted with him and have him walk through this life with me.   (Stay tuned... I plan to post my "Love Others" blog in the next few days.  Also, keep the adoption fundraising ideas coming...I going to do that post around Easter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment