Monday, March 14, 2011

Irony

I was having a hectic today.  Busy with work, frustrated about not being at the funeral home to support JT (and see my father who visited)...this was just "topped off"but getting reamed out by a parent over an issue that started before I arrived and having to deal with it.  BUT, tonight I sat with my patient and filled out an NCAA bracket...if he wins, I owe him an O'Charley's gift certificate and $5...if I win, he owes me $5 (which I OBVIOUSLY I will not take).  It was the highlight of my day to sit and laugh and talk sports trash and watch a normally sad boy smile...  Then I had time to sit and read an email from my friend, Sarah.  It reminded me of the day I had...and why I do what I do...

“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
- Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment